We are excited to announce the first of many Pasture Prime Farm Give-Aways!!
You have told us that you are always anxious to have new, creative and “easy to prepare” cooking inspirations.
In our recent blogs we have given you three “crash courses” in how to best cook our sustainably produced, wholesome meats.
- Brining Tips – good for both our Berkshire Pork & Free Range Poultry
- Pan Roasting Techniques – for the ultimate sear and juicy interior
- Cast Iron Cooking Benefits – best at holding heat, durability, oven proof, ease of care
Now we want to expand and improve your culinary experience with one of our favorite tools – THE CAST IRON SKILLET!
WHY CAST IRON…You Ask??
In our last post we discussed all the reasons these pans are the favorite of chefs everywhere.
- best in the industry for holding heat
- non stick
- oven proof
- durable and indestructible (where normal non sticks can be ruined by extreme high heat )
- easy to clean and maintain
- can be used on your grill or camp fire.
Those of you who have already experienced the many advantages of using this cookware don’t need to be convinced that it can’t be beat.
Lodge is our favorite brand and the ONLY cast iron cookware produced in the USA and they have a wonderful history dating back to 1896. Although our Pasture Prime Family Farm enterprise doesn’t go back THAT far, we do have similar philosophies. We are both committed to producing top quality products, treating our employees like family, and working hard to treat our environments with respect for future generations. They have certainly raised the bar on quality.
You can also view a very short and excellent video on the ease of maintaining your “winning skillet!”
This is a tool we don’t want you to be without.