Sweet & Spicy Sloppy Joes
How about a new Asian twist on an old standard?
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 TBSP. Olive Oil
- 1 Large Shallot minced about 1/2 cup
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 TBSP. Red Curry Paste find in Asian aisle
- 1 LB. Grass Fed Wagyu Ground Beef
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 C. Coconut milk canned
- 2-3 tsp. Sugar
- 2 C. Shredded Cabbage Napa works nicely
- 3 Green onions sliced white and light green only
- 1/2 C. Cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP + 2 tsp Lime juice preferably fresh
- 4 Kaiser or favorite rolls, split & toasted.
Heat 1 TBSP Oil in large fry pan over medium heat,
Add Shallot & Garlic & cook, stirring, until shallot begins to soften about 3 minutes,
Stir in Curry paste, cook for 45 seconds.
Add Beef & salt, break up beef, stir occasionally until beef is just cooked through, about 5 mins
Add Coconut milk & sugar, reduce heat to medium-low, cook until most liquid is absorbed, about 8 mins., stirring occasionally
Meanwhile, make slaw in med. bowl combine Cabbage, Green onions, Cilantro, remaining 2 TBSP Oil, & 1 TBSP. Lime juice. Toss to coat & season to taste with S & P
Remove Beef from heat & stir in remaining 2 TBSP. Lime juice. Load rolls with beef & slaw
These also work perfectly as "sliders," if a few additional neighbors happen to show up for your Super Bowl Party
ENJOY YOUR SANDWICH !!
Adapted from Sunset Magazine