Great Fall Flavor!
Pasture Prime Grass Fed Wagyu - Sweet and Spicy Brisket
- Pasture Prime Grass Fed Wagyu Brisket about 3-4 pounds
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch carrots about 7 peeled and cut on bias into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Large onion cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 3/4 cup dried figs about 9 oz halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dried apricots about 3 oz
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2 TBSP harissa paste opportunity to try a new ingredient:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Rustic bread for serving optional
Season brisket generously with salt & pepper and place into slow cooker
Scatter carrots, onions, figs, apricots and thyme evenly around and over meat.
Stir harissa paste into broth and pour over brisket
Cover and cook on high until tender about 4 hours on high, do not overcook grass fed meats
When done, remove thyme and transfer brisket to cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes
Slice thinly against the grain and arrange on platter
Spoon vegetables and fruits evenly and drizzle with pan juices
You will be amazed by the subtle flavors.
Adapted from marthastewart.com