Meat Loaf Minis
Kids love their own loaves or makes a great small meal for two with leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches...everyones favorite.
- Cooking Spray or oil
- 1/2 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 slices Pasture Prime Brown Sugar cured bacon coarsely chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/4 pound Pasture Prime Wagyu Grass Fed Beef Hamburger meat
- 3 large Pasture Prime Free Range eggs
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
Place rack in upper third of oven and heat to 400.
Spray or oil large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
Pulse onion, bacon and garlic in food processor until JUST finely chopped, not pureed
In large bowl, combine oats, boiling water and stir to combine.
Add the onion mixture, beef, eggs, 1 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and mix well by hand.
Shape into 4 small loaves (about 4X# inches) and place on baking sheet.
If you are making 1 large loaf you will place in regular size loaf pan.
Brush 1/2 cup chili sauce over the top of loaves
Bake until cooked through (165), about 20 minutes
You will need to adjust cooking time for single large loaf.
Turn broiler on high and brush with remaining 1/4 chili sauce & broil for about 2 minutes, until browned in spots.
You can "jazz" up your chili sauce by adding 1TBSP of honey, a dash of Worchestershire, dash of hot pepper sauce and a pinch of cumin.
Adapted from Fine Cooking