GREAT WAY TO USE OUR NEW FAJITA PACK!
Grass Fed Wagyu Philly Cheesesteaks
- 1.5 pounds Fajita Meat cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbsp Canola Oil divided
- 1 Large Onion thinly sliced
- 1 green Bell pepper thinly sliced,
- 1 red Bell pepper thinly sliced
- 13 slices of Cheese your choice American/Provolone,Swiss, etc. (tear 4 slices)
- 6 6- inch hoagie rolls or large hot dog buns split & warmed
Light grill, or use stove-top
Use a cast iron skillet or griddle
Heat pan on stove or grill until very hot, about 10 minutes
In large bowl, toss strips of meat with 1 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt & 1 tsp of black pepper.
Brush skillet or griddle with 1 TBSP. of oil. Add sliced onion, peppers & season with S & P. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are softened & browned in spots, about 8 minutes. Transfer onion & peppers to another bowl.
Brush pan with remaining 2 TBSP canola oil. Heat to high. Spread meat strips in an even layer and cook over high heat until well browned on bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Flip meat and return veggies to pan. Cook over high heat until meat is just cooked through, about another 2-3 minutes. Add torn cheese and cook, stirring until just melted, 1 minute.
Fill each roll with 1 1/2 slices of cheese and the steak & veggie filling and serve immediately.
These hearty subs undeniably call for a BEER.
Adapted from Food & Wine