Bratwurst Sausage and Peppers - ( or Italian or Hot Dogs)
- 1 TBSP Olive or neutral oil
- 8 Pasture Prime Bratwursts (or Italian Sausage) about 2 pounds
- 1 Large Onion sliced thin
- 1 Large Red Pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 Large Yellow Pepper seeded and cut into thin strips (can substitute Green peppers)
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano (or 1 TBSP Fresh)
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
Heat Oil over medium heat, until shimmering
Prick Sausages in several spots and add to skillet
Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to large bowl to cool, and discard all fat but 1 TBSP. left in skillet
Add Onion & Peppers and cook until beginning to wilt, about 5 minutes.
Add Garlic and Tomato Paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add wine, water, oregano, along with sausages which have been cut in half diagonally after cooling
Add any accumulated juices, cover and cook through, about 5 minutes
Add vinegar and cook uncovered until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes
Serve on hoagy rolls or over pasta or potatoes
This is great with any of Pasture Prime's "on farm" created meats; Italian Sausage or Gourmet Hot Dogs.