Our 100% Grass Fed Wagyu Beef at Pasture Prime contains a powerful package of nutrients beyond the obvious PROTEIN. Among these are zinc, iron & B vitamins. Including these regularly in your diets plays an important role in keeping you healthy and active. How exactly, you may be asking yourselves??
- ZINC – extremely valuable in many essential functions such as growth, development and the maintenance of a strong immune system. Additionally it aids in boosting wound healing and appetite control and also helps stimulate the activity of 100 different enzymes.
- IRON – the mineral which helps carry Oxygen to cells & tissues, assists in manufacturing new red blood cells and also supports your immune system. These features are particularly beneficial today, as we are still in the lingering throes of Flu season.
- B VITAMINS – Some B vitamins help cells burn fats and glucose for energy. Others help make neurotransmitters like serotonin. And some assist with the production and repair of DNA.
Vitamin B-12 and other B vitamins play a role in producing brain chemicals that affect mood and other brain functions. Low levels of B-12 and other B vitamins such as vitamin B-6 and folate may be linked to depression.
Low levels can result from eating a poor diet or not being able to absorb the vitamins you do consume. Older adults, vegetarians and people with digestive disorders such as celiac disease or Crohn’s disease may have trouble getting enough B-12.
PROTEIN – Proteins function as building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Protein also helps you feel full longer and eat less throughout the day.
A 2005 Johns Hopkins Medicine study indicated that a diet higher in protein may provide heart benefits. When study participants shifted 10 percent of their calories from carbohydrates to protein, they experienced a 21 percent reduction in their risk for cardiovascular disease. Their cholesterol levels improved and blood pressure lowered. The higher protein diet provided even greater health benefits than a traditionally healthy diet with a higher consumption of carbohydrates.
Further Health Benefits of Lean Grass Fed Beef in Summary are:
- Less than 10% saturated fat
- High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- High in CLA’s
- High in Vitamins A & E.
- High in Beta Carotene